Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals
The Department of Chemicals & Petro-Chemicals has been part of the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers from 5.7.1991. The Department is entrusted with the responsibility of policy, planning, development and regulation of Chemicals, Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals Industries. The business allocated to the Department is listed as below :
- Insecticides (excluding the administration of the Insecticides Act, 1968 (46 of 1968).
- Alcohol - industrial and potable from the molasses route.
- Dye-stuffs and dye-intermediates.
- All organic and inorganic chemicals, not specifically allotted to any other Ministry or Department.
- Planning, development and control of, and assistance to, all industries dealt with by the Department.
- Bhopal Gas Leak Disaster-Special Laws relating thereto.
- Industries relating to production of non-cellulosic synthetic fibres (Nylon Polyester, Acrylic etc.).
- Synthetic rubber.
- Plastics including fabrications of plastic and moulded goods.